Monday, April 1, 2013

New My Brother Sam is Dead Help Resources

I loved reading the novel My Brother Sam is Dead when I was a kid, it was exciting; it was sad; it had soldiers; it had mystery, but I never really understood it as the authors wished to me to. But after reading it again several years ago(as an adult), I got it. I understood why it was written and I saw all the topics that the authors had woven into each chapter.

At the time I re-read the novel I was in the process of recording the history of Redding in digital format. I was and I still am gathering information about Redding, Connecticut and posting it online so everyone else can enjoy it too. (My website is: HistoryofRedding.com)

What I realized was that a lot of what happened in the book really happened and a lot of the characters were real. So what I started doing was looking at the novel as less of a story and more as a lesson in what happened in Redding at the start of the American Revolution.

That's when the connection between the real and the fictionalized became clearer and the topics the authors had woven into each chapter started to flow out. It was at this point I began creating my resources to help parents, teachers and students understand the novel better.

From the website, there grew an entire sub-site dedicated to My Brother Sam is Dead and then came online self-grading quizzes, and then an e-book and another and another. And that was great for a while, but then as more people read my e-books they expressed a need for more information and information they could use (as needed) to take this novel to new levels in their classrooms and homes.

Enter Dropbox.

Until Dropbox I could not get people the files and information they needed without a lot of work. I burned thousands of CD's and it was a lot of work. A lot of work and there were shipping issues and it just wasn't working. But Dropbox fixed all of that. With Dropbox I am able to give people access to all my files and they have access to my files from any computer they are on, it's awesome.

My Dropbox account is a work in progress so you will always have my latest research and the most accurate information available. You will also have access to new maps and photos and resources.

What’s in the My Brother Sam is Dead Dropbox Folder?

Everything I have collected and written over that past 6 years and that's a whole lot. The idea behind this folder is to help parents and teachers better understand what topics the authors have woven into each chapter of the fictional history novel, My Brother Sam is Dead.

I have broken out this resource into three sections:

1). Guide to MBSD(2 e-books and 8 supporting documents),

2). Maps, Photos and Visuals and

3). Teaching Resources(includes lesson plans and online quizzes).

All my ebooks are included at this resource and much more. Photos and maps of everything that occurs in the novel and teaching tools are included as well.

This is everything you need and more to get your kids really excited about the novel and come away with a very good understanding of why the novel was written.

My Brother Sam is Dead Dropbox Access


No comments: